What is Matlab:
Is a high-performance language allows implementation of algorithms, creation of user interfaces and technical computing. Where problems and solutions are expressed in familiar mathematical notation and can interfacing with programs written in other languages, such as C, C++, Java, and Python.
Matlab supports two primary workflows using the simple traditional Arduino programming:
- Read, write, and analyse data from Arduino sensors
- Develop algorithms that run standalone on the Arduino device
Simulink Support Package for Arduino Hardware enables you to create and run Simulink models on Arduino boards. The support package includes a library of Simulink blocks for configuring and accessing Arduino sensors, actuators, and communication interfaces. It also enables you to interactively monitor and tune algorithms developed in Simulink as they run on Arduino.
What is Arduino:
Is an open source, computer hardware and software company for building digital and interact with devices, Arduino board are able to – light on a sensor, turning on an LED and control motor.
The Matlab Support Packages for Arduino Hardware lets you use Matlab to communicate with your board through USB cable.
This shows how to add support for Arduino hardware to the Simulink product. After you complete this process, you can run Simulink models on your Arduino hardware.
To install support for Arduino hardware:
- In a MATLAB Command Window, enter
supportPackageInstaller. This starts the Support Package Installer.
- Follow the instructions and default settings provided by Support Package Installer to complete the installation. For more information about the options on a particular screen, click the Help button.
The installation process adds the following items to your host computer:
- Third-party software development tools, such as the Arduino software with Mega 2560, Uno, Nano 3.0, Due, Leonardo, Mega ADK, Mini, Fio, Pro, Micro, Esplora, Robot Control Board, Robot Motor Board, Yun, and Lilypad USB board support.
- A Simulink block library for configuring and accessing Arduino sensors, actuators, and communication interfaces.
- Examples for getting started and learning about specific features.
- Documentation for Simulink Support Package for Arduino Hardware.
To check for updates, repeat this process when a new version of MATLAB software is released. You can also check for updates between releases.